Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2 Moms In The Raw Bars At Starbucks.....Our Review

Healthy?  Sure.  Tasty?  I would agree.  My only real issue with these bars is they were somewhat dry.  Wife thinks they look sort of like bird food.  Well they do look a bit like bird food but they are much a healthier option than the iced double venti extra caramel macchiato.  Then again, an entire Pizza Hut pizza might be healthier than that.  I kid, I kid.  I had the blueberry and apple granola bar and found it just enough to satisfy my impulse moment.  Wife's assistant coach is on a gluten free diet and I bought her one too--she loved it!

The ingredients in that bar are Millet, Buckwheat, Coconut, Flaxseed, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Pecans, Almonds, Pepitas, Apples, Agave, Cinnamon, Sea Salt and Blueberries. 
Shari, one of the company owners, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2004.  Forced with a decision, she came to the conclusion that if she was going to treat the disease she would do it with a more natural approach.  She looked into the raw diet approach to health and wellness, and had trouble finding a sufficient raw food bar to take on-the-go.  So she invented her own.  I love it.  Can't find what you are looking for?  Create it.  The rest is raw, organic, vegan history!

I envy Shari for her courage.  She became her own activist and ventured into the world of entrepreneurialism simultaneously.  Having the Starbucks account is pretty sweet--we need healthier options like these granola bars.  I haven't seen the sea crackers but should they turn up I'll be sure to try them.  2 Moms In The Raw needs there own shop here in good old Columbus.  Best of luck Shari!     
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
; var dc_AdLinkColor = 'blue'; var dc_adprod='ADL'; var dc_open_new_win = 'yes';